Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Historical Fiction in Middle School



 Titanic: The Long Night
Diane Hoh
3.5/5 Stars
            The book I read is Titanic: The Long Night. The main characters are Elizabeth, Brian, Patrick, and Kathleen. What happens is they all venture onto the Titanic.
            I liked the book. It wasn’t as sad as I thought it was going to be, but it was still sad. I would recommend this book if you are curious about what happened the night the Titanic went down.


My Brother’s Secret
Dan Smith
3.5/5 Stars
            The book I read is My Brother’s Secret. The main character is Karl. He is only twelve but he is working plans to go to war. What happens is Karl starts to rethink whose side he is on. I liked the book because of how you didn’t know what was going to happen or how the other characters were going to act. I would recommend this book because of how fun it is to read.


My Friend the Enemy
Dan Smith
3.5/5 Stars

            The book I read is My Friend the Enemy. The main characters are Peter, Kim, and the Enemy. What happens is Peter and Kim befriend the Enemy. I liked the book. I really liked how it burned out but the ending came to a conclusion really quickly. I thought there would have been another book. I would recommend this book to come one because of all the action and suspense.


Prisoner of Night and Fog
Anne Blankman
4.5/5 Stars
            The book I read is Prisoner of Night and Fog. The main character is Gretchen. I really liked her determination to find the truth. What happens is Gretchen meets a Jewish reporter. He tells her that her father was killed by a comrade. I really like the book. There was violence and some killing. It made the book really good. I couldn’t stop reading it. I didn’t want it to end. I would recommend it to people who like to learn about World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment