Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fantasy and Science Fiction

A Taste of Second Trimester



A Wizard Abroad



Diane Duane
5/5 Stars
            A Wizard Abroad is the fourth book in the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane. It’s a great book full of magic. Nita Callahan, age fourteen and awkward, was sent to Ireland by her parents. They said she needed a break.
            In Ireland she meets new friends and runs into trouble. Her friend Kit Rodriguez, age 13 and also a wizard, has to come to Ireland to help her.
            The Powers have given her a job, but can she fulfill it?

I am Number Four

Pittacus Lore
4.5/5 Stars
            The book I read is I am Number Four. The main character is John. I liked John, but his name is, well, if you read you will find out. What happens is since John is Number 4, he is next.
            I liked the book. It was fun to read and was action packed. I couldn’t stop reading it. My favorite part was when the action started happening. I would recommend this book because of how fun it was to read.



The Power of Six

Pittacus Lore
3/5 Stars
            The book I read is The Power of Six. The main characters are John, Six, Sam, and Marina. Some of them have a pretty good friendship. What happens it they go looking for the rest of the Legacies.
            I liked the book. The only thing was that it would switch who was talking and it got confusing. I would recommend this book to a friend who doesn’t mind having to figure out who is talking.




The Copper Gauntlet

Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
4/5 Stars
            The book I read was The Copper Gauntlet. The main characters are Call, Aaron, and Tamara. I really like how they stay friends no matter what. Call, Aaron, and Tamara go back to the Magisterium in this book.
            I liked the book. I really wasn’t expecting what happened, but over all it was good. I really liked the ending, even if I wasn’t expecting it. I would recommend this book to people who have read The Iron Trial.




The Looking Glass Wars

Frank Beddor
4/5 Stars
            Princess Alyss of Wonderland gets stuck in London and nobody believes that she is from Wonderland. She gets adopted by a nice family and meets a man who listens to her tales. Meanwhile, in Wonderland, Alyss’s evil Aunt Redd steals power and most of the citizens in Wonderland believe Alyss is dead. In order to save Wonderland, Alyss must find a way back to her home.
            This was a good book and I would recommend it to a friend. I liked the book, it was kind of violent.







The Drake Equation
Bart King
4/5 Stars

            The book I read is The Drake Equation. The main characters are Noah, Jason, and Jenny. They are all friends and get along well. What happens is Noah wants to find a wood duck, so he gets off at the wrong stop and ends up finding a disc.
            I really liked the book. What made me like it is how everything fit together. Like when hearing the wood duck lead to finding the disc. I also liked how it gave descriptions of the characters and how they act.

            I would recommend this book to a friend because of how interesting it is and how you can’t put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment